Thank you for your interest in leading a workshop session at the 2017 PCCCA Annual Conference.
The 2017 event will be held at the Presbyterian Mo-Ranch Assembly in Hunt, Texas on November 5-10. This program will bring together camp and conference leaders from across the United States and Canada.
The Planning Team for this event is currently seeking workshop presenters. Our workshop sessions are scheduled throughout the week and are approximately 75 minutes in length. As a community of servant leaders, PCCCA does not compensate workshop leaders. If you are not a conference participant, we provide you meals and the program fee for the day of your session.
The theme for the conference is “Water in the Wilderness.” The planning team has created a framework to develop this theme each day, through the use of scripture, worship, learning opportunities, and keynote presentations.
…for I give water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert, to give drink to my chosen people…
- Water is a source of life, both physical and spiritual. It sustains us and renews us when we are tired. It refreshes us when we are thirsty. It was the waters of our baptism that welcomed us into the community of faith. Water also provides a place to gather together and offers a source of fun and recreation.
- God provides the water to revive us in the often stressful and challenging field of outdoor ministry, which enables us to more faithfully serve our program participants and guests in a manner that reflects Christ’s love.
- This conference is designed for camp and conference professionals to develop their skills and knowledge bases and network with others in outdoor ministry. We will have intentional time to refresh, recharge, and reconnect with colleagues in ministry. In addition to the workshops focused on camp and conference management and programming, there will be workshops dedicated specifically to personal and spiritual care, whole body well-being, and recreation.
- We hope the participants will take advantage of the opportunities to find the living water God provides in the wilderness, so we can each return to our site renewed for our ministry.
The Planning Team wants the workshop time to be meaningful and our desire is that our attendees will come away with real ideas/suggestions that they can apply in their real world situations. A certain percentage of the sessions should address advanced or innovative topics that will appeal to our more experienced participants.
Perhaps you have something to offer the conference. The Planning Team suggests the following as possible workshop presentations. Please consider what might be an ideal topic for you (or someone you know) to present. Other workshop ideas are also welcome!
Here are some suggestions of topics you might consider:
- How camps and conference centers can better relate to congregations
- Arts and crafts
- Ecumenical partnerships
- Financial sustainability
- Personnel policies
- Fund development
- Marketing beyond our own denomination
- Board governance
- 501(c)3 challenges
- Internships and opportunities for Young Adults
- Reaching out to people of other ethnicities
- Food service
Please fill out the form below. The Planning Team will make their workshop selections in March.
Workshop Title (as you wish it to appear in publicity) (*)
Workshop Description (as you wish it to appear in publicity, 3-4 sentences) (*)
I believe the content of this workshop would relate to the following kind(s) of participants (check more than one if appropriate):
Workshop Leader's Name (*)
Leader's Email Address (*)
Leader's Phone Number (*)
Invalid Input (123-456-7890)
Leader's Bio (2-3 sentences) (*)
Emergency Contact Name
Emergency Contact Phone Number
I would prefer to lead my workshop at (please check all that work with your schedule):
Other AV/Equipment Needs
Other Set-Up Configurations